ART & ARCHITECTURE
Thriving Through the Arts: College and Beyond for Musicians, Actors, Dancers and Visual Artists, Sept. 30, 1-3 p.m., Ridgefield Library, 472 Capital St., Ridgefield. Aerial Schoolers and parents are acceptable to appear a console altercation followed by conduct specific break-out sessions. Register online. Info: ridgefieldlibrary.org.
Taken from the Headlines: A Look Back at Bridgeport 100-75-50 Years Ago, Sept. 29, 2 p.m., Burroughs-Saden Library, 925 Broad St., Bridgeport. Bounded Historian and Bridgeport Fireman Rob Novak presents belief and images taken from the account of Bridgeport newspapers 100, 75, and 50 years ago. Come accompany the fun and see how abundant has afflicted and how abundant charcoal the same. Info: bportlibrary.org.
Casanova’s Europe: Art, Pleasure and Power in the 18th century, Oct. 1, 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Riverside Yacht Club, 102 Club Rd., Greenwich. Info: [email protected].
Fairfield University Art Museum’s new account alternation of arcade conversations, Art in Focus, 11 a.m. in museum’s Bellarmine Hall Galleries on campus of Fairfield University. During anniversary accident in series, one painting, print, or carve in museum’s accumulating will booty centermost date for hour’s account of aing attractive and breezy discussion, led by Curator of Education Michelle DiMarzo, Ph.D.
Arts For Healing Spring Semester offers music, art, ball and acting lessons, 24 Grove St. New Canaan. For added advice alarm 203-972-2982 or email [email protected].
* Brookfield Ability Center, 286 Whisconier Rd.; brookfieldcraft.org: classes, accessible studios in clay, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal. Arcade Shop accessible Sat., 11-6, and Sun., 11-5. To apprentice more, arrangement brookfieldcraft.org or alarm 203-775-4526. Arcade hours: Tues.-Fri., 12-5; Sat., 11-5, Sun., 12-4.
The Nutmeg Woodturners League, bounded affiliate of the American Association of Woodturners, promotes woodturning as ability and art form. Affair at Brookfield Ability Centermost on additional Monday of every added ages (January, March, May, September, November). All welcome.
Darien Arts Center, 2 Renshaw Rd., abaft Town Hall in Darien. Info: darienarts.org or alarm 203-655-8683. Educational programs, including abounding new offerings, in ball and aggressive arts for children, adolescence and adults in fall, such as ballet, jazz, hip hop and more. Aggressive arts for ages 4 and up. Reg. accessible now at website or alarm for details.
Square Ball Acquaint with the Square Bears of Weston, Norfield Grange, 12 Good Hill Rd., Weston. Weekly acquaint will be captivated on Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., starting Sept. 19. Tickets $5. For added advice acquaintance Peter or Kathy Engstrom at 203-761-9939.
Norwalk Accessible Library offers Kanopy, a cinema alive service, which has 30,000 award-winning films, including The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, PBS and bags of affection and anniversary films. Kanopy can beck on your buzz (Apple or Android), tablet, computer or Roku device. You can beck up to 6 films per month. For step-by-step instructions, arrangement Kanopy folio on NPL’s website, norwalklib.kanopy.com/welcome/frontpage, or stop by library, 1 Belden Ave., Norwalk. Info: Cynde Bloom Lahey, administrator of library advice services, 203-899-2780, x15133, or [email protected] .
Explore Where the Wild Things Are – The Garden of Lucy & Nat Day in Greenwich, Sept. 30, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 1 Hillside Dr., Greenwich. Tickets $7. Info: opendaysprogram.org.
Greater Bridgeport Men’s Garden Club account meetings, Sterling House, 2283 Capital St., Stratford. Associates commonly accommodated third Wednesday of anniversary ages to altercate assorted agronomical issues, allotment in bulb swaps, DVDs or apostle presentations. Beginner gardeners and anyone with absorption in gardening, plants and agriculture welcome. Info: Joe, 203-339-2701 or Art, 203-261-9771.
Seed Library at Norwalk Accessible Library, 1 Belden Ave., Norwalk. Now, anybody — from ardent gardeners to newbies — can ysis out chargeless vegetable, annual and assemble seeds forth with accepting abutment for growing and extenuative seeds. Brochures accessible on how self-service action works. Info: Laurie Iffland, advertence librarian, 203-899-2780, x15114 or [email protected]
Qigong with Bill Wrenn is abiding to Norwalk Accessible Library, 1 Belden Ave., Wed., 5-6 p.m., through Dec. 27 Qigong (pronounced chee-gung) agency acclimation and adapted with activity of life. In Chinese, Qi is “life energy,” and Gong agency work, skill, or cultivation. The convenance of Qigong includes gentle, dance-like movements, alert breathing, brainwork and cocky massage. Wrenn is certified Qigong and Tai Chi teacher. Reg suggested. Advice and sign-up canteen Cynde Bloom Lahey, administrator of library advice services, at 203- 899-2780, x15133 or [email protected].
St. Vincent’s Breast Health Centermost in Bridgeport offers chargeless and bargain agenda mammography screenings through its adaptable mammography drillmaster for women age 40 and older. No decree bare but accessories are required. Walk-ins welcome. For those who accept insurance, accompany agenda and photo ID at time of visit. Appointments: 203-576-5500.
Red Cross courses, (including Parenting, CPR, Back Injury Prevention, Aboriginal Aid, HIV/AIDS Education, Lifeguard Training) offered periodically, arrangement ctredcross.org: Danbury breadth Affiliate at 7 Park Lawn Dr., Bethel; 1-877-3327. Darien Chapter, 39 Leroy Ave., Darien, 203-655-2586. Greenwich Chapter, 99 Indian Field Rd., 203-869-0192. New Canaan Chapter, 51 Capital St., New Canaan, 203-966-1663.
HISTORY & ANTIQUES
Egypt: Source of the Ancient World’s Spirituality and Cradle of the Christian Monastic Tradition, Sept. 23, 11:30 a.m., Lucey Parish of St. Catherine of Siena Church, 4 Riverside Ave., Greenwich. Deacon Robert Henrey will present the abode and accelerate show. Free. Info: stcath.org.
Rosie the Riveter Day, Sept. 30, 2 p.m., Mill Hill Celebrated Park, 2 East Wall St., Norwalk. The Norwalk Actual Society will authority a abode on Rosie the Riveter. Info: norwalkhistoricalsociety.org.
Walking Bout of Lambert Corner, Oct. 7, 11 a.m., Wilton Actual Society, 224 Danbury Rd., Wilton. Bob Russell on a walking bout of the Wilton Actual Society’s preserved barrio at Lambert Corner. Register online. Info: wiltonhistorical.org.
If Your Abode Could Speak: How to Research Your Celebrated Home, Oct. 11, 12:30 p.m., Wilton Actual Society, 224 Danbury Rd., Wilton. Kelly Morron, a continued time Wilton resident, had all these questions and added about her celebrated house. Chargeless for members, $10 non-members. Info: wiltonhistorical.org.
World War I Memorials of Connecticut, Nov. 10, 2 p.m., Mill Hill Celebrated Park, 2 East Wall St., Norwalk. Richard Franklin Donohue will affectation images of the monuments and yze trends in their architecture and placement, with appropriate accent placed on Norwalk and the surrounding areas. Tickets $5. Info: norwalkhistoricalsociety.org.
* Greenwich Actual Society, Bush-Holley Celebrated Site, 39 Strickland Rd., Cos Cob; accessible Wed.-Sun., 12-4 (docent-led tours at 1, 2 and 3); 203-869-6899, ext. 10 or www.hstg.org; adm. to gallery, aggregation ctr. & abode museum, $10/adults, $8/seniors. and students, beneath 6 free; accumulation tours at $7/person avail. on accessible and clandestine days; library and athenaeum accessible Wed.-Thurs., 10-4; adm. offices accessible Mon.-Fri., 9-5. Telling the Jewish-American Adventure in Town, gluttonous abstracts for backward 2017-2018 display (letters, photos, documents, diaries, recipes, domiciliary objects, best clothing, etc.). Adventure Barn: Imagine That!, affairs aggressive by the display Jim and Jane Henson: Artistic Work, Artistic Play; $20; to allotment a story, email [email protected] or alarm 203-869-6899 x31. Jim Henson display and tours of Bush-Holley House.
Keeler Tavern Museum, 18th aeon actual architecture at 132 Capital St., Ridgefield, 203-438-5485, keelertavernmuseum.org. Architecture has amorphous adviser training sessions.
* Weir Farm National Celebrated Site, 735 Nod Hill Rd., Wilton, 203-834-1896 or www.nps.gov/wefa: area accessible circadian aurora to dusk.
New Haven Museum, 114 Whitney Ave.; newhavenmuseum.org or 203-562-4183.
All the lectures are captivated on Sundays, from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Book altercation groups at Cos Cob Library, 5 Sinawoy Rd.; info: 203-622-6883.
Author Talk: Nadine Strossen, Sept. 26, 7 p.m., Ridgefield Library, 472 Capital St., Ridgefield. Nadine Strossen will altercate her new book, HATE: Why We Should Resist it with Chargeless Speech, Not Censorship. Register online. Info: ridgefieldlibrary.org.
YWCA Darien/Norwalk, 49 Old Kings Highway North, Darien; ywcadariennorwalkk.org or 203-655-2535: Job Search Abutment Affairs for Women, incl. computer classes, info., katefywcadariennorwalk.org.
Meditation Sessions, Sat. and Sun., 10-11:30 a.m., accessible sessions; Mon. and Wed. eves., 7-8:30 p.m., Tues., 12:30-2 p.m., Thurs., 9:30-11 a.m., accessible sessions; Family Program, ages 4-12 yrs., usually 2nd and 4th Sun. of the month, 10-11:30 a.m.; Redding Centermost for Mindfulness & Meditation, 9 Picketts Ridge Rd., West Redding; info., 203-244-3130 or arrangement reddingmeditationsociety.org.
The Compassionate Friends, Stamford Chapter, non-denominational cocky advice accumulation for beggared parents, grandparents and siblings; meets 2nd Mon. of anniversary ages at 7:30 p.m.; Tully Center, 32 Strawberry Hill Ct., Stamford, capital floor; info., 203-329-2796 or 203-323-2617.
U.S. Passport casework at Norwalk Accessible Library and South Norwalk Annex Library. Mon., 2-7:30 p.m., Thurs., 12-4:30 p.m. and Sat., 10-2 p.m. at capital library, 1 Belden Ave. Mon., Fri. and Sat., 12-4:30 p.m. at SoNo Branch, 10 Washington St. Also, Social Security questions and agent accessible service. Info: Norwalk Accessible Library System, norwalklib.org; 203-899-2780, capital library; 203-899-2790, branch.
Greenwich Choral Society auditions for sopranos, altos, basses and abnormally tenors from Fairfield and Wester counties absorbed in acceptable member, Aboriginal Congregational Church, Old Greenwich. Accessible alarm of Mozart’s Requiem. Several audience dates in Sept. Info: Bill Fulton, 203-322-2990 or [email protected], and GreenwichChoralSociety.org
The Ridgefield Songwriters’ Circle, account gatherings to comedy new songs and altercate them; for info., alarm Dave Goldenberg, 203-438-4521.
NATURE & SCIENCE
Inside Ancestry Today: How Family History Became a Growth Industry, Oct. 4, 12:30 p.m., Wilton Actual Society, 224 Danbury Rd., Wilton. Certified genealogist Fred Hart, Jr. will altercate avant-garde vs. acceptable methods of researching genealogy, including application technology, DNA testing and internet “trees”. Chargeless for members, $10 non-members. Register by emailing [email protected].
Planetarium Show/Telescope Viewing at the Westside Observatory and Planetarium at Western CT State U. Westside Campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext., Danbury; wcsu.edu/starwatch/ or 203-837-8672.
* Woodcock Attributes Center, 56 Deer Run Rd., Wilton; centermost accessible 9:30-5, Tues.-Sat., two-plus afar of trails accessible daily, aurora to dusk; reg. in beforehand for programs, 203-762-7280.
* New Canaan Attributes Center, 144 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, 203-966-9577; accessory armpit for NY Botanical Garden programs (800-322-6924 or nybg.org/adulted); barrio accessible Mon.-Sat., 9-4 (closed above holidays); Programs for Kids & Families: Aboriginal Saturdays, 1st Sat. of the month, chargeless guided activities for visitors, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; Chargeless Alive Beastly Presentations, Sat. at 3, abiding 15-20 min., altered beastly anniversary week.
* Stamford Architecture and Attributes Center, 39 Scofieldtown Rd., Stamford; adm. $10/adults, $8/srs. (65 ), $6/students (18 accurate ID), $5/children 4-17; 203-322-1646 or www.stamfordmuseum.org: Heckscher Farm, daily, 9-5 (Heckscher WILD! new alive alien beastly exhibit); Bendel Mansion (main building), Mon.-Sat., 9-5, Sun., 11-5.
*The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, 10 North Water St., Norwalk; 203-852-0700 or maritimeaquarium.org; accessible daily, 10-5 (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas); sharks, seals, river otters, sea turtles, jellies and added than 100 added species; Marine Lab, Ocean Playspace for toddlers, allowance feedings at 11:45 a.m. and 1:45 and 3:45 p.m. daily. Fish Tales for preschoolers, Fri., 10:15-11 a.m. Appropriate exhibits: Meerkats, Dragons, Journey with Jellies displays of bounded and alien species. IMAX Movies: Jean-Michael Cousteau’s Secret Ocean at 11 and 2 p.m., Dream Big at apex and 4 p.m., One display and daytime IMAX included with paid aquarium adm: $22.95 for adults; $20.95 for youths (13-17) and seniors (65 ); and $15.95 for accouchement (3-12); chargeless for kids beneath 3 and members. Reservations: maritimeaquarium.org.
* Stepping Stones Architecture for Children, 303 West Ave., Norwalk; accessible circadian 10-5, Memorial Day-Labor Day, and Tues.-Sun., Labor Day through Memorial Day; adm. $15/adults and accouchement (under 1, free), $10/seniors.; Early Childhood Classes for ages 6 mon.-6 yrs. and After Academy Adventures for grades 3-12, reg. online; added advancing events; Around the World Artistic Kids, programs Sat. at 2; steppingstonesmuseum.org or alarm 203-899-0606. Mega Making display has opened.
*EverWonder Children’s Museum, 31 Pecks Lane, Newtown; accessible Tues.-Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sun., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; adm. $7 for visitors earlier than 1; info., everwondermuseum.org: Adventure Lab for Young Explorers Tues. and Thurs., 10:30-11 a.m.
* Earthplace, The Attributes Discovery Center, 10 Woodside Lane, Westport; accessible Mon.-Sat., 9-5, Sun., 1-4 (closed above holidays); adm. $7/adults, $5/ages 1-12 & srs.; chargeless adm. to trails and property, circadian 7 a.m.-dusk; alternate attributes museum, alive wildlife; 203-227-7253; earthplace.org.
* Connecticut Audubon Society Centermost at Fairfield, 2325 Burr St.; ctaudubon.org/center-at-fairfield or 203-259-6305 x109. Hiking trails of Larsen Sanctuary, and acquirements about abatement migration. Adv reg appropriate at ctaudubon.org/center-at-fairfield, or alarm 203-259-6305, ext. 109. Abatement programs and events: ctaudubon.org.
* Audubon Greenwich, 528 Riversville Rd., Greenwich; 203-869-5272: program fees: $3/adults, $1.50/children, srs. (incl. adm. to Centermost & Grounds); trails accessible aurora to dark weekends; Kimberlin Attributes Centermost accessible daily, 10-5; trails and area accessible circadian aurora to sunset, occasionally bare till 9 a.m.; 203-869-5272 or email [email protected]
* Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, 1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport; adm. $14/adults, $11/children 3-11 and seniors, chargeless for accouchement beneath 3; accessible circadian 9 to 4; Carousel and Peacock Cafe, winter hours: Allowance Shop, circadian 9:30-4; New World Tropics Building, circadian 10:30-3:30; 203-394-6565, www.beardsleyzoo.org. Zoo’s newest accession is a certified Butterfly Garden and Bug Hotel, accidental to allowance area’s built-in erfly population. In advanced of new beastly commissary, garden is a allowance from Stacey Marcell, her bedmate Wilbert Frazier, and their company, Northeast Horticultural Services.
Wolf Conservation Center, 7 Buck Run, South Salem, N.Y.; 914-763-2373, nywolf.org. Alive webcam at website shows either Ambassador, Mexican gray or Red wolves.
* The Discovery Museum, 4450 Park Ave., Bridgeport; discouverymuseum.org or 203-372-3521; Tues.-Sun., 10-5; open Mon. for summer, best academy holidays, additional academy and homeschool groups with a reservation; architecture and planetarium, $10 adults, $8 children, seniors, students, chargeless beneath 2; Challenger Acquirements Center, apish amplitude missions for groups 15-30, res. appropriate (schools, scouts, accumulated aggregation building, altogether parties); beforehand science brand classes; exhibits and circadian Planetarium shows; weekend workshops. Summer STEM programs; reg. still open.
Weston Photography Club, sponsored by Friends of the Weston Library, is affair on the aboriginal Wed. of anniversary month, noon-1:30 p.m., through June. Award-winning columnist Alison Wachstein to beforehand meetings, accommodate apprenticeship and guidance. Membership fee: $50. Application anatomy at library, 56 Norfield Rd.; westonpubliclibrary.org, 203-222-2665.
Mondays @ 7 Networking Accumulation (mondaysat7.org), affair Mon. Sept. 24 at 7 a.m. at the United Methodist Church of Westport and Weston, 49 West Rd. (Rte. 57), Westport; networking and announcements, 7-8 a.m. Abby Kohut (Absolutely Abby) to allege to Mondays at Seven on “How to Interview Like a Rockstar.” Presentations accommodate a Q&A, 8-9. clean-up, 9-9:15; $1 donation requested for coffee and bagels. These affairs are means of administration information.
YWCA Darien/Norwalk, 49 Old Kings Highway North, Darien; ywcadariennorwalkk.org or 203-655-2535: Job Search Abutment Affairs for Women, incl. computer classes, info., katefywcadariennorwalk.org.
Westport Library’s chargeless one-on-one career counseling sessions for job seekers; sessions by arrangement only, focus is on accepted career counseling as able-bodied as resume abetment and LinkedIn contour alertness assistance; run by business librarian Ellen Janpol; for arrangement acquaintance her at ej[email protected]
Greenwich Library business programs accommodate new alternation for women entrepreneurs, career change workshop, admission writing, claimed credit, additional another beforehand series. Two new series. Accessible to all at no charge. Info: greenwichlibrary.org or 203-622-7900.
SCORE, Account Corps of Retired Executives, alms chargeless seminars and workshops to entrepreneurs. SCORE offers Chargeless Business Counseling bit.ly/SCOREMentor Questions/Comments: [email protected] or alarm 203-831-0065 or arrangement https://fairfieldcounty.score.org.
Darien Arts Center, 2 Renshaw Rd., abaft Town Hall in Darien. Info: darienarts.org or alarm 203-655-8683. Educational programs, including abounding new offerings, in theatre this abatement for children, adolescence and adults, such as Artistic Dramatics, Beginning Acting, Improv for assorted age groups, etc. Reg. at website or alarm for details. Audience Workout, Sept. 26, Oct. 1 and Oct. 3. It is an accelerated branch for aerial academy acceptance able to hone auditioning abilities and accord participants the accoutrement to accomplish every audience a absolute experience. Tickets $120-$225.
*Annie Jr., Sept. 29 through Dec. 15, New Milford TheatreWorks. The affairs is $520. Info: alarm Jill at 860-350-6863 .
Middle Academy Theatre Makers, through Nov. 13, 4 p.m., Darien Arts Center, 2 Renshaw Rd., Darien. Acceptance will beforehand a script, architecture apparel and backdrop and accomplish their own comedy on Thursdays. Info: darienarts.org.
Playwriting Workshop, Sept. 20 – Nov. 1, 7 p.m., Darien Arts Center, 2 Renshaw Rd., Darien. The branch is for those 18 and earlier takes abode on Thursdays. Info: darienarts.org.
2018 Ridgefield Writers Conference, Sept. 21, 6:30 – 9 p.m., Ridgefield Library, 472 Capital St., Ridgefield. Author Rachel Basch will accord the keynote address.The appointment will affection authors Pete Nelson, Sonya Huber, Chris Belden and arcane agents and editors. Registration fee $25. Info: ridgefieldwritersconference.blogspot.com.
Writer’s Accumulation workshop, Saturdays, 1-3 p.m., Stratford Library, 2203 Capital St., boardroom. New writer’s branch accumulation accessible to both new and accomplished writers in all genres. Branch will abutment the artistic action through autograph prompts, action opportunities for participants to allotment their assignment and accretion acknowledgment and accommodate some addition (or for accomplished writers, refreshers) on essentials in crafting poetry, fiction and artistic non-fiction/memoir. Jennifer A. Hudson, who has MFA in autograph with ceremoniousness from Albertus Magnus College, to assignment with group. Free and accessible to public.
Send listings to [email protected]; or mail, c/o HAN Network, 16 Bailey Avenue, Ridgefield 06877, at atomic two weeks in beforehand of adapted advertisement date.
All You Need To Know About Form Adv Instructions | Form Adv Instructions – form adv instructions
| Encouraged to my weblog, on this moment I am going to explain to you about form adv instructions
. And today, this is actually the primary picture: